By E.G.R. Taylor
Read or Download A Brief Summe of Geographie, by Roger Barlow (Hakluyt Society, Second Series) PDF
Best world history books
From Christopher Columbus to “first anthropologist” Friar Bernardino de Sahagún, 15th- and sixteenth-century explorers, conquistadors, clerics, scientists, and tourists wrote in regards to the “Indian” dances they encountered through the New international. This was once very true of Spanish missionaries who intensively studied and documented local dances in an try to establish and get rid of the “idolatrous” behaviors of the Aztec, the most important indigenous empire in Mesoamerica on the time of its ecu discovery.
This selection of essays covers the illustration and perform of ingesting various drinks throughout eighteenth- and nineteenth-century Britain and North the US. The case stories during this quantity hide ingesting tradition from a number of views, together with literature, background, anthropology and the historical past of drugs.
Richard Burton. T. E. Lawrence. Louis Massignon. Chinua Achebe. Orhan Pamuk. The impressive quintet whose tales make up Jerrold Seigel's among Cultures are each person who, with no ever looking to go out from the methods of existence into which they'd been born, committed themselves to exploring a moment cultural id as an intrinsic a part of their first.
Hans Willem Bentinck, 1st Earl of Portland (1649-1709) used to be the nearest confidant of William III and arguably crucial flesh presser in Williamite Britain. starting his occupation in 1664 as web page to William of Orange, his fortunes won momentum with the Prince's upward push to strength within the Netherlands and Britain, rising as William's favorite at court docket from the 1670s onwards.
- Encyclopedia of the Black Death
- Spaces of Security and Insecurity: Geographies of the War on Terror (Critical Geopolitics)
- Imagining a Nation: History and Memory in Making Zimbabwe (Reconsiderations in Southern African History)
- The Tragic History of the Sea, 1589-1622: Narratives of the shipwrecks of the Portuguese East Indiamen São Thomé (1589), Santo Alberto (1593), São João ... East Africa (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- Routledge Handbook of Mediterranean Politics
- The Marquis d’Argens: A Philosophical Life
Extra resources for A Brief Summe of Geographie, by Roger Barlow (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
A Brief Summe of Geographie, by Roger Barlow (Hakluyt Society, Second Series) by E.G.R. Taylor