By John M. Najemy
- Captures Florence's transformation from a medieval commune into an aristocratic republic, territorial nation, and monarchy
- Weaves jointly highbrow, cultural, social, financial, non secular, and political developments
- Academically rigorous but available and attractive to the overall reader
- Likely to turn into the normal paintings on Renaissance Florence for years to come
Read Online or Download A History of Florence 1200-1575 PDF
Similar world history books
From Christopher Columbus to “first anthropologist” Friar Bernardino de Sahagún, 15th- and sixteenth-century explorers, conquistadors, clerics, scientists, and tourists wrote in regards to the “Indian” dances they encountered through the New international. This used to be very true of Spanish missionaries who intensively studied and documented local dances in an try to determine and remove the “idolatrous” behaviors of the Aztec, the biggest indigenous empire in Mesoamerica on the time of its eu discovery.
This number of essays covers the illustration and perform of ingesting a number of drinks throughout eighteenth- and nineteenth-century Britain and North the United States. The case reviews during this quantity conceal consuming tradition from numerous views, together with literature, historical past, anthropology and the background of drugs.
Richard Burton. T. E. Lawrence. Louis Massignon. Chinua Achebe. Orhan Pamuk. The awesome quintet whose tales make up Jerrold Seigel's among Cultures are every body who, with no ever trying to go out from the methods of existence into which that they had been born, committed themselves to exploring a moment cultural id as an intrinsic a part of their first.
Hans Willem Bentinck, 1st Earl of Portland (1649-1709) was once the nearest confidant of William III and arguably an important flesh presser in Williamite Britain. starting his profession in 1664 as web page to William of Orange, his fortunes won momentum with the Prince's upward thrust to strength within the Netherlands and Britain, rising as William's favorite at court docket from the 1670s onwards.
- Depicting the Late Ottoman Empire in Turkish Autobiographies: Images of a Past World (Life Narratives of the Ottoman Realm: Individual and Empire in the Near East)
- The Cambridge World History: Volume 7, Production, Destruction, and Connection, 1750–Present, Part 2, Shared Transformations
- The Journals of Captain James Cook on his Voyages of Discovery: Volume III Part 1: The Voyage of the Resolution and Discovery, 1776-1780: 3 (Hakluyt Society, Extra Series)
- Firenze 1946-2005. Una storia urbana e ambientale: Una storia urbana e ambientale (Italian Edition)
Additional resources for A History of Florence 1200-1575
A History of Florence 1200-1575 by John M. Najemy